This exciting adventure starts by taking you through the canopies of the forest and ends with an amazing view over Broken Bow Lake. The tour consists of 6 zip lines that range in length from 300 to 1100 ft. for a total approximate distance of 3,200 ft. Each tour lasts about 2 hours. The weight requirements are 70lbs to 250 lbs and the harness must fit correctly.
Rugaru Adventures’ number one priority is the safety of our guests. Our courses meet or exceed the Association of Challenge Course Technology (ACCT) standards. The ACCT is the leading professional resource creating and maintaining safe challenge course programs, facilitating education, positive character building for individuals, groups and communities, and memorable good times of fun.
The 4-1-1 for Zip Line Fun!
Rugaru guides are trained, and certified by the ACCT for your safety and enjoyment. This training consists of multi-day, hands-on instruction including safety and retrieval. Prior to certification, guides must pass a written assessment test, an on-course practical assessment and retrieval assessment.
Our zip lines and safety equipment are inspected periodically per ACCT requirements and zip lines use a state-of-the-art automatic braking system to further ensure the safety of our guest.
Guidelines for Participants
- All guests must sign a Liability & Release Waiver.
- Participants under the age of 18 must have a signed waiver by the parent/guardian.
- The required participant weight range to zip line is 70 to 250 pounds and the harness must fit properly.
- Guests must not be taller than 6’6″.
- Our course is designed for use by participants of average physical condition who are in good health. There will be inclines and stairs to walk up.
- Pregnant women, people with heart, leg, back problems or other serious illnesses will not be allowed on the course.
- Participants must be able to come to a standing stop at the arrival from a moving position and be able to keep their feet up when coming into the landing. The evaluation for this is that the individual must be able to climb the hills and tower stairs on the course.
- No one under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, or impairing legal drugs will be allowed on the course.
- Long hair must be pulled back as not to get tangled in the trolley.
- Excessive jewelry should not be worn and it is recommended to remove watches and bracelets.
- Glasses/sunglasses allowed.
- Lock all jewelry and valuables in your vehicle or keep it at home.
- Rugaru Adventures is not responsible for lost or stolen items while on the course or in the guest’s vehicles.
- Shirts, shorts/pants and closed toe shoes are required.
- No open-toed, slip-on shoes or flip flops allowed. Tennis shoes or boots with good tread recommended.
- Guests must be 100% tied off at all times while on the platforms.
- Guests must wear the required safety equipment at all times and will at no time alter said equipment.
- Must zip upright at all times. No inverted zipping.
- Do not interfere with guide duties.
- Rugaru Adventures reserves the right to exclude anyone from participating for medical, safety or other reasons we deem not be conducive to a zip line.
Per Oklahoma Department of Labor Amusement Ride Safety Statutes 40 O.S & 460.3: State Law requires riders to obey all warnings and directions for the ride and behave in a manner that will not cause and contribute to injuring themselves or others. Failure to comply is punishable by fine and imprisonment.
IMPORTANT: Participants must be in moderate to good physical condition. Hiking the nature trails from zip to zip requires moderately vigorous physical activity.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone if we feel there is danger or safety concerns to the guests or staff.
Call (580) 494-2ZIP (2947) today!